Monday, December 5, 2011

Time-lapse Teasers

“I am just going outside and may be some time." (last words of Captain Lawrence Oates)

It's no secret that I would happily spend my remaining days - and nights - shooting time-lapse videos in scenic locations. There's only two obstacles holding me back - time and money. I'm just waiting on that kindly, golden patron to knock on my door. So I take notice when I run across someone who's found a way to get paid for, and/or make money from such videos.

The first time-lapse video is a recent short promoting the state of Oregon (photographers' website at http://www.uncagethesoul.com/gallery/). If these guys can find enough clear skies in Oregon, of all places, then why can't I ever find time to do something similar here in Montana? Regardless, watch the video - it'll knock your socks off.


The second is from a series of time-lapse videos created by Randy Halverson. All of his videos are stunning, and all can be found at his Dakotalapse website (http://dakotalapse.com/). Randy's shooting RAW files in motion, using a Meade Milapse telescope mount and a Stage Zero dolly. He includes set-up shots on his website.


All of these time-lapse videos are hypnotizing, almost perfect. The only tiny little nit-picking problem I can find with them is that they were all shot with Canon DSLR bodies. Yes, I'm still waiting not-so-patiently for that way-late Nikon D800 to arrive. Sadly, I know that even Santa hasn't been able to get his mittens on one.

No comments:

Post a Comment