Monday, December 5, 2011

Reality Check

“Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." (Albert Einstein)

Well, it's been a bumpy winter so far, here at our little Lake Wobegon. The lake has iced over, and the road too, of course. My truck's brake job turned into a  new water pump job, to go along with a new engine block heater on the Mrs' car. The Mrs also slipped somehow and injured her right shoulder, and one of our old dogs hurt her hips.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to surface from one of my frequent, week-long migraines. I've put up with them all my life, but the pain turns me into a Grumpy Grinch. Trouble is, I'm almost always in pain. Maybe that's why I'm also susceptible to British humor. So when a cynical photographer meets his match in a smiling little girl, even I can laugh. (Tip of the hat to photographer friend, Bob, for the video.)

No comments:

Post a Comment