Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Angels and Devils at the Park

“It would be absurd if we did not understand both angels and devils,
since we invented them.”  (John Steinbeck)

Boise "Art in the Park" crowd
"Do you have any pictures of angels?" she asks.

How does a professional handle such a delicate question?

"As a matter of fact, I do," I tell her. "Got lots of 'em, all over the booth."  I make a wide arc with my right hand, pointing to every corner of our glowing-white tent. "But," in hushed tones now, "they're only visible to the Chosen Ones."

No, not really. Actually, Tracy fielded this question from a potential customer, and Tracy's much less mischievous (as in not at all) than me. The woman was looking for photographs of European angel statues.

"I'm sorry, I don't have any angels," Tracy honestly answers. A missed opportunity, I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment