Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Chasing Butterflies

"Creativity is allowing onself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." (Scott Adams)

I agree. I found myself photographing butterflies today, even though I should know better. Chasing butterflies with a camera is like devouring birthday cake -- it only seems like a good idea at the time. Now I've got several hundred images that I need to review before I can delete them, as planned. See, today was more like practice. I'm honing one of those creative ideas that may or may not pan out. It involves a way of photographing butterflies that, as far as I know, no one has ever tried before. But, alas, summer is waning here in Montana, and butterfly numbers are declining daily. You and I both may have to wait until next summer to see if this idea works. Fortunately, there will be a number of birthday cakes to help get us through the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment